Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Phu
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Votes |
What's your favorite CRE asset class and strategy? Why?

Ryan Phu
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Posted Dec 1 2022, 18:41

Goal: Own Commercial Real Estate - BE THE BEST AT IT - Go all in & Let Things Compound. MASTER ONE.

Challenge: Picking Asset/Strategy

I source off-market RE for SFRs (wholesaling). I'm really good at it. But I want to own RE.

Here's my plan

Phase 1: I have and am still in the process of completely transitioning my team to start generating Off Market CRE Deals 

Phase 2: Assign the Deals / Partner 

(#1 this allows me to create solid relationships - I provide the 1. deal + 2. hustle and they provide the knowledge; or the buyer if its a JV)

(#2 this allows me to get really good at finding deals in CRE)

(#3 this allows me to see what exit strategy and asset class I like best)

Phase 3: Vertically Integrate, Start Taking Down Deals & Operating with Own Capital using Creative Finance Strategies (was initially thinking (NNN - Industrial, Retail, Office)

I'm still committed to it, however, I am having second thoughts because there was someone I was really looking up to doing NNN who claimed to go from 0-150M in 3 years, I will not name him, however, it seems like he might be in trouble. I'm hoping I'm still on the right track! What I am looking for 3 things

1) Near Guaranteed Absence of Downside

2) Low Operational Drag

3) Extreme High Upsides due to leverage of magnitude x time (Compound Projects - I'm 19 years old, I know when do this for very long I can create true wealth)

What's your favorite, and why? Would love to hear it!

Loading replies...