My experience with commercial projects

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I didn't post on this forum but this morning I decided to share my story with you.

I love construction and the idea of creating something unique and beautiful. I started when I was in middle school working with my dad and I never stopped since then.

Recently I stopped contracting any residential work and I started contracting only commercial.

It was a big decision thinking that I left behind a lot of good clients which were giving my company enough work for my 6-8 employees. Most of my friends criticized me for what I did saying that is the wrong move and I'll go bankrupt soon.

I have a ton of reasons why I did this. I would just say that I love the idea of having a plan, a blueprint, a schedule. It's not so hectic as residential. Just my opinion.

Looking back it was a bumpy road for the first 2-3 months but after that it picked up again and here I am hauling through the blessed land, USA.

What do you think about my move? Did anyone have a similar experience: stopping investing in residential RE and focusing on commercial only?

I would love to hear some other people stories. Maybe I'll post some pictures from our recent projects when I figure out how. (Hopefully that's ok with the admins)

I am a principal commercial broker and also a retail developer for STNL and MTNL.

I enjoy commercial but have many friends that do residential. It's just not something I get excited about like with commercial real estate.   

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.