• Conyers, GA
Votes |
Questions on closing a deal with senior care business

Xavier Cabo
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Conyers, GA
Posted May 19 2017, 07:05

Good morning BP community, 

I am trying to complete a deal with a senior care business looking to expand their operations. The business has several properties in the state and the owners want to add 3 locations per year over the next few years.They usually own 20% of the properties and the remaining 80% is owned by an investor. They guarantee a 20% annual return and have triple net arrangements. I have identified an investor who would be very interested in this deal. My dilemma is two fold though:

1. Can I get in this deal to close the first property beyond collecting a finders fee? I'd want a small equity percentage since I am the one brokering that deal in the first place, I am putting together the deal proposal, and I also would be actively involved in finding the property. If this is an acceptable practice, what would be a reasonable percentage to ask?
  2. If this first deal is successful, how can I ensure that the business and my investor don't skip me on the next deals? Can I have them sign an exclusivity agreement that requires them to include me on future projects?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Loading replies...