Multi millionaire investments

7 Replies

The process of seeking multi millionaire investors seems harder than you’d think on such a site or app “BiggerPockets” lol, but finding buyer for multi million dollars properties is definitely tiring but the fight must go on. Does anyone know where I may find these guys and gals in FL,CA, and NY?

Hi Bryce, just out of curiosity, why are you looking for multi millionaire investors? Do you have something they want? Or do they have something you want? From my experience, if you go to networking events, or REI meetups and start talking to people, bring and add value to others, the money will seem to find you. Always remember that prior to trying to solicit investors, put yourself in their shoes. If you have a deal, why should someone invest in you? Would you invest your money with someone like yourself? Also make sure you have a great track record to fall back on. Most people don't start by purchasing multi million dollar properties because they have no proof of concept. Best of luck!

Originally posted by @Bryce Campos:

The process of seeking multi millionaire investors seems harder than you’d think on such a site or app “BiggerPockets” lol, but finding buyer for multi million dollars properties is definitely tiring but the fight must go on. Does anyone know where I may find these guys and gals in FL,CA, and NY?

You have to find the real estate agents that know who the rich buyers are. They tend to deal in privacy. 

For seeking investors worth multi millions, good luck on that. That is NEVER easy. They usually have a person or a company that manages things for them and they are the go to people to eventually present a deal to the intended target. 

The richer they are the harder they are to speak with. 

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Bryce Campos there are those types of investors on BP. But they tend to have access to many deals. Most of them with experienced sponsors and outsized returns. So the odds are they are not going to invest with someone they meet on an online forum. But here's a few suggestions for you.

- The suggestion to go to meetups is a good one. I invested in a deal of someone I met at a syndication conference.

- Try to meet/talk with groups of people in certain professions. Physicians for instance or high tech if you happen to live in a city with lots of high tech. You need one good contact and to treat them right and they will introduce you to more.

- Go where wealthy people hang out. Charities, Country clubs and private wealth managers are all good places to look.

But as was stated above you need to have something good to offer them or meeting them will be a waste of time.

Originally posted by @Bryce Campos:

Smart money investors have a good BS detector. They have seen lots of people come and go.

From your post, I can not tell what role you hope to play. Are you brokering deals, are you looking to be the GP/sponsor or something else?

To attract money, you need to be the smart operator in the room. The folks with real cash tend to be a bit silent and then they will approach you if they think you know what you are going. They are not going to show their hand initially. Or, they are naive and more likely to fund bad investments. A fool and their money will soon be parted.

I have thousands of contacts and clients built up over almost 16 years that are high net worth or ultra high net worth. Many just read the forums but do not create accounts. A lot of people are private. They only usually want to speak to highly proven people in their field with experience they can trust. 

These are often doctors, business owners, tech moguls, etc. Unfortunately there are people out there who see multi-millionaires as piggy banks or someone to make a quick buck off of. That is the wrong approach to take. Some of my clients do heavy research ahead of time and it might be 6 months or 1 year before they actually are ready to buy. 

While they may seek me out as an expert on commercial retail real estate because they do not know much about the space they are experts and astute in their own fields and business in general.