Pennsylvania Tax upset sale -Excess proceeds question

Pennsylvania Tax upset sale -Excess proceeds question

Investor · White Haven PA · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 221 votes

If I purchase a property in PA at upset tax sale and there is an existing mortgage does it get paid off from the excess proceeds? Or do the excess proceeds go to the prior owner?

for example.. Upset price is $10,000 and they have a $100,000 mortgage and say $10k other misc lein. 

and I buy the property at upset for $150,000 .. Would the $100,000 mortgage be paid off by the tax claim bureau with the $140k excess proceeds or would I be responsible for it even though the excess proceeds exceeded the mortgage and $10k misc. Lein? 

Thanks




@David Krulac  Maybe could know?  (Just ordered your book but it won't be here in time to help for the auction tomorrow) 

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.