What search criteria do I select in Listsource to filter for 30, 60, and 90 days late mortgage payment (pre-foreclosure)?

9 Replies

What search criteria do I select in Listsource to filter for 30, 60, and 90 days late mortgage payment (pre-foreclosure)? My choices are "recent added date" or "original recording date". I've tried both and and have come up with zero addresses for both. Date ranges selected were 3/3/2012-3/3/2014, and I tried all preset selections. I appreciate your time!

Since I've found the answer to this, I'll make a reply in case anyone else is interested.

I filtered by "recent added date" (the date added to Listsource). The preset selections fill in the dates automatically for you. What I didn't realize is that the information it was telling me was actually correct. You just aren't going to find many pre-foreclosures through listsource. It's probably better to just get them straight from the title companies.

Even if you do get more than a handful of pre-foreclosure leads, Listsource requires a minimum $50 list. Getting enough addresses at 20 cents each to meet $50 is going force me to expand to a much wider area than I'm willing to advertise to.

I tested marketing to 30, 60 and 90 day lates a few years ago, but I didnt go through list source. I went with a company called Blackbook Data. When I was testing, I tested maybe 4 zip codes in areas that might be prone to late payments. For 30 day lates I would get hundreds for just a few zip codes and the numbers went down as I moved to 90 day late.

One of the things I was trying to determine is if I got a 60 day lead how long did it take in real time to turn into a NOD (notice of default). I wanted to know the same thing for 90 day lates. Just because someone is 90 days late doesnt mean they will gt a NOD right away. I tracked things for 6 to 8 months and found something very odd. None, not one, of the 60 or 90 days lates ever turned into a NOD. I was actually checking my purchased leads against the new NOD's that were recorded daily.

Im guessing there are about 50 to 60 new NODs a week in SL County.

Originally posted by @Gary Parker :

I tested marketing to 30, 60 and 90 day lates a few years ago, but I didnt go through list source. I went with a company called Blackbook Data. When I was testing, I tested maybe 4 zip codes in areas that might be prone to late payments. For 30 day lates I would get hundreds for just a few zip codes and the numbers went down as I moved to 90 day late.

One of the things I was trying to determine is if I got a 60 day lead how long did it take in real time to turn into a NOD (notice of default). I wanted to know the same thing for 90 day lates. Just because someone is 90 days late doesnt mean they will gt a NOD right away. I tracked things for 6 to 8 months and found something very odd. None, not one, of the 60 or 90 days lates ever turned into a NOD. I was actually checking my purchased leads against the new NOD's that were recorded daily.

Im guessing there are about 50 to 60 new NODs a week in SL County.

Hey Gary! I know this post Is close to a year old, but this was the best result from my excessive searching. What is the URL for blackbook data? Is this company under nextmark.com?

HI Cameron,

I use a company called Citracado for lates. Email [email protected] -- the minimum order is 1000 names, if I recall. I think Michael Quarles also sources lates. His site is yellowletters.com. Hope this helps, let me know what turns out!

Wow 4 years late on this one, Melanie I'm looking at citracado now and they haven't made an update on their blog since like 2014 I believe are you still using them now and how was your success rate? Or if anyone found a different platform in the 4 years that this post was created.

There is no update to be had...it's an urban legend that you can get a list of borrowers that are 30,60,90 days late without getting an actual credit report, that you would not be privy to, and anyone selling that information to you for the purpose you propose, would be violating at best, the covenants of their agreement with the data furnisher and at worst, a possible crime. Credit history is not public information. Anyone selling mortgage payment history has some complicated "guestimate" algorithm they created or are flatout B.S.ing' you to get money from you...or again, are committing a crime and just haven't been caught yet.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here