Foreclosures
Account Closed
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
door knocked 30 houses/your advice, 2 cents, experience

Account Closed
  • Denver, CO
Posted Dec 15 2014, 09:46

Yesterday I door knocked preforclosures and didn't get the best results. I would say about 70-80% of the houses had their issue resolved. Good for them. The other houses no one was home and I left a vague letter asking them to call me. I have been using foreclosure.com for my leads and target the ones with equity. When I do get someone to answer the door I keep it simple and tell them, "Hello. My name is Cordell. I noticed there was an auction date scheduled for the house and came to see if you found a solution." I haven't had any bad responses yet and would go as far to say they have all been good considering why I'm knocking on their door. Although there was one gentleman that ignored me as he was about 3 ft away from me with only a window separating us. I also bring along a hand out with a foreclosure hotline on it with a list of options to pursue that has a basic explanation of each one. Ive been door knocking the houses with an auction date that has been 1-2 weeks away. There was about 4 houses that showed signs of getting ready to move out. Trash piled up as if they cleaned out the house. These houses I'm going to follow up with again. Im hitting up another 30 houses tomorrow on the other side of town. Oh and I've mailed these houses 2-5 times over the last couple of months already as well. Any advice in your door knocking adventures or horror/funny stories you want to share, share. Anyone know of a way to find out if the preforclosures already have taken care of their problem would help out a lot too. thanks. 

Loading replies...