Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Robert Calabro
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Mojo, propstream or other for multi-family ?

Robert Calabro
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 5 2023, 17:56

I've been using mojo's neighborhood search for a while and generally liked the data, but recently realized they are not providing the best info on SMALL and MID-SIZED MULTIFAMILY properties. I've heard propstream is good, but haven't been able to find out how it does specifically with multifamily data. 

Can anyone share their experience with propstream or any other platform with is good for the small and mid-size multifamily properties? TIA

User Stats

Votes
Greg Kasmer
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
  • Philadelphia
Replied Jan 9 2023, 06:10

Robert - I've used propstream for some multifamily searches and sorted by: 5+ units, building size (sq. ft), lot size (sq. ft) to help narrow down the size or number of units of the building. (For me, I'm targeting 10-40 units in size). I found that fairly useful and started a mailing campaign. I've also found data on the loan amount useful to determine those that might have equity in their property. Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you want to talk!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Calabro
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 9 2023, 09:05

Thanks Greg. I did signup for a Propstream trial. The data is good so far. Much better then mojo for the multi-family category. It also lacks in a lot of other feature compared to mojo. They are really different systems made for different types of users. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jenna Chau
Pro Member
  • Lawrence, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lawrence, MA
Replied Jan 9 2023, 11:02

Hi @Robert Calabro

I'm glad to hear you're finding some success! I haven't used Mojo before, but if you would like to check out another platform, please let me know and I'd be happy to walk you through Invelo. We have a free option, but our other plans would help dial in on your specific buy box. 

Best of luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Michael K Gallagher
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Replied Jan 9 2023, 19:03
Quote from @Robert Calabro:

I've been using mojo's neighborhood search for a while and generally liked the data, but recently realized they are not providing the best info on SMALL and MID-SIZED MULTIFAMILY properties. I've heard propstream is good, but haven't been able to find out how it does specifically with multifamily data. 

Can anyone share their experience with propstream or any other platform with is good for the small and mid-size multifamily properties? TIA

Hey @Robert Calabro I recently switched from "deal machine" to Propstream. I did so because of the data and the ability to quickly run some basic comps while on the phone. This feature alone was worth the fee in itself to me. The MLS is far too clunky when it comes to running a "quick and dirty CMA" and propstream does it beautifully. Beyond that I've loved the ability to sort and hone in on specific properties and parameters that I want to market to. I've also had good luck (in the central OH area) with the pre determined "tired land lord" filter. So While I've only been consistently using it for about 8 weeks or so, its the best system of its kind i've used. And although I have not tried it yet, I believe through API it could link into MOJO for dialing capabilities...I know for sure you could link it to a CRM that MOJO was also linked to for dialing.

All that rambling to say, for the short amount of time I've been using it I've really liked it and feel that I'll continue to use it, which is the point after all, so for me its been a success.