Minnesota bank recommendation for portfolio loans

Minnesota bank recommendation for portfolio loans

Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 37 posts · 7 votes

I have 4 traditional mortgages and looking buy another multi-family or commercial investment property.  I believe I need to find a bank that provides portfolio loans, right?  Or smaller banks which hold the loan.

Any recommendations for banks in Minnesota... in or near Minneapolis?

I have over 5 years REI experience. It sounds good to work with a local banker and consider the investment itself rather than a deep dive of my debt to income. I understand I can hope for up to 70% LTV.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

0Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 97 votes
    11y

    As long as you're purchasing 5+ units and use an LLC or trust to buy, you don't need to worry about your source of funds. It could be a bank or portfolio who finances your commercial deal, as most all will consider it separate from your residential holdings.

    Your debt service coverage ratio is more important and calculated property specific. If you can cover 1.20 or better, then you're in good shape. don't limit yourself to just regional players. Use a portfolio if you need exceptions for credit issues or faster closing. Use banks for more traditional products.

  • Rental Property Investor · Englewood FL & Prior Lake, MN · Member since 2012 · 107 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Anchor Bank does them locally here in the Twin Cities.

  • Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Good to know, thanks! I have a fourplex and a duplex held in an LLC. Didn't know about 5+

    Any recommendations on bankers to connect with?

  • Real Estate Attorney · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Todd, you should talk to Thomas Jussila at TruStone Financial. They are a local credit union that holds your loan and Thomas is a pleasure to work with. He is always available, is a real estate investor himself, and really knows his stuff. He is in their Lyn-Lake branch in Minneapolis. 

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 48 votes
    11y

    Talk with Ryan Neches.

    http://mortgagecapital.wjbradley.com/

    Mortgage Loan Officer

    (612) 501-4375

    WJ Bradley Mortgage Capital, LLC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.