• Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
Expected time to renovate

Amit G.
  • Investor
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Posted Nov 17 2017, 06:36

Good morning fellow BP members! 

I am currently working on getting my 5-unit rehabbed.  This is my first experience with multi-family and with rehab of this scale.  This property is 2744 sq ft with a mixture of one efficiency (200 sq ft), two of 1 Bedroom (350 sq ft and 55 sq ft), and two of 3 bedroom (880 sq. ft) apartments.  This property was a shell to begin with and I am getting an extensive rehab done on this (close to 100 k).  Some of the major rehab involves Siding, portion of roof, new sidewalk, splitting electric (new panel boxes and meters), heating (new furnaces and re laying of duct work), water (new water heaters), portion of broken sewer pipe replacement, replace electric wiring to 2 units, new kitchen, bath, flooring, windows, doors (interior and exterior) in all units.  I know it is a job for a well experienced rehab person and I knew that going in.  

I have a good GC that I have worked with before on SFR rehab. This time around though I am not able to calculate the time it should take to finish this rehab. Our initial estimate suggested that it would take 6 months with 2-3 people working full time and subcontracting dry wallers and siding guys. But I feel we are seriously behind already!

I am just trying to get a feel of the time it should take for a job like this.  Will appreciate experienced BP'ers to chime in on this and suggest how you have done rough estimates of the timeline and what time a job like this would have taken you to finish.

Loading replies...