Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 14 votes
Hey Everyone,
Looking for some advice from anyone familiar with the Nashua, NH area. I am eager to buy a MFH and house hack in Nashua but I wanted to see if people recommend some areas over others or just any general tips and tricks.
Also looking to connect to any realtors that work in the area!
Real Estate Agent · Manchester, NH · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 148 votes
4y
@Jim Nolan House hacking is in my opinion the best way to get into real estate investing. Currently on my second house hack duplex, and it been the best decision I have ever made. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
Gina, I live in Nashua. In general, if you are going to live there, stay away from the Tree streets (streets named after trees) north of Lake St. South of Lake is ok. Crown Hill is ok, and French Hill has some very rocky parts around Locke St, but it varies by section, because French Hill is right next to North Nashua, which is the best part.
If you post or message an address that you are interested in, I can give more specifics.
Savannah, GA · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
4y
Hi Gina!
I'm looking to explore MFH and house hacking in the Nashua area as well, stumbled upon your post and would love to pick your brain on the process you went through (if you ended up pulling the trigger). Thanks!
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
4y
Hi Gina,
Congrats on getting started and welcome to the forum. Some good metrics to help filter out target markets can be; population growth, income growth, rent growth, job growth and job diversification. These can help filter down target markets and submarkets. Leveraging and building broker relationships can also help in order to see more deal flow and perhaps off market deals as well. Best of luck and hope things progress well.
Real Estate Agent · Malden, MA · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 13 votes
4y
@Gina DiMasi I have some experience with Nashua and Manchester area since I used to live in Nashua and we did look for investment property out there few years ago. With that being said, most MF properties are located in Nashua downtown area which were typically built around 1900s. There are not much newly built MF homes in Nashua and as someone pointed out there are few streets that are not so good. I think Manchester has lot of MF homes compared to Nashua, but you really have to know the area in Manchester as there are some streets that's better to avoid and lot of B/C class areas. Feel free to message for additional information.
Real Estate Agent · Manchester, NH · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 148 votes
4y
@Jim Nolan House hacking is in my opinion the best way to get into real estate investing. Currently on my second house hack duplex, and it been the best decision I have ever made. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!