Multifamily Ivestment Newbie

8 Replies

Hello, I am interested in becoming a multi-family investor to have rental property in the Benton, Arkansas area. Would anybody recommend a brokerage or realtor that know about which apartment complexes are for sale? I am furthering my RE education to further my knowledge for the future. Thank You!

Welcome to BP @James Russell

As you mentioned above, making sure that you have the basic knowledge before jumping in is important. 

You can connect with an agent like @Kayla Huiras and she can probably set you up with an MLS alerts. this will start you off with seeing what on the market.

There are some good webinars here on BP that you can learn from, but i also recommend this book: Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads: The Fastest and Safest Way to Real Estate Wealth. 

Book by Larry B. Loftis. 

Feel free to ask questions on BP, this also a great way to learn and its free!

@James Russell Welcome to BP!  You can do a few things.

1) Search on BP for locals in Benton or AR (whatever works best for your case) and connect with them

2) Register on meetup and find local REI clubs that way and join them. You will be able to find more resources through networking at these clubs.

Hi @James Russell .  I'm new to investing as well, but I live and work in the Benton area so I'm happy to answer any questions you have!

Since January there have only been about 3 or 4 multifamily properties on the MLS in Benton/Bryant. I think there is a lot more multifamily in Little Rock, but if you want to stay in Benton you might have better luck trying to network to find off market deals.

Start small.  Start manageable.  Learn the business, deal with the maintenance, and work out the kinks.  Set up your processes and then look bigger. Ive made a career out of hitting singles, doubles, and triples.  You don't want to swing for the fences when you've never held a bat

GO Yankees...haha. Good words good words. I only have a SFH right now and made more than enough mistakes on this one. I think it was good to learn on only 150k and not 500k multi...OUCH. Thanks for the input.