Votes
Rhonda Florence
  • Chicago land area
Votes |
New member, looking to house hack in the suburbs of chicago

Rhonda Florence
  • Chicago land area
Posted Sep 20 2018, 12:20

Hey guys, I'm new to BP and I'm currently in the process of looking at areas with multifamily properties to house hack. Any information on hot markets in my area or tips are greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied Sep 21 2018, 03:27

@Rhonda Florence welcome to BP! Most markets in Chicago are a bit tight right now as this seller's market keeps driving up prices. Inventory is still very low as well. Which areas are you hoping for? South? West? NW? The main towns most of my clients are looking at are Forest Park and Berwyn right now, although the deals are pretty slim here too. 

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Rhonda Florence
  • Chicago land area
Votes |
  • Chicago land area
Replied Sep 21 2018, 08:48

Thank you! I'm hoping to invest in the southeast/ southwest suburbs of chicago, e.g. Hazel crest, Harvey, Country Club Hills, Alsip, Oak Lawn, and worth. Just to name a few. But I have noticed the particular areas I'm interested in Don't have many multifamily properties available or the prices are a bit high.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
George Blower
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Replied Sep 21 2018, 15:16

@Rhonda Florence

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

User Stats

Votes
Rhonda Florence
  • Chicago land area
Votes |
  • Chicago land area
Replied Sep 27 2018, 12:01
Originally posted by @Rhonda Florence:

Thank you! I'm hoping to invest in the southeast/ southwest suburbs of chicago, e.g. Hazel crest, Harvey, Country Club Hills, Alsip, Oak Lawn, and worth. Just to name a few. But I have noticed the particular areas I'm interested in Don't have many multifamily properties available or the prices are a bit high.

@johnwarren