• Centennial, CO
Votes |
If You're Tired of Forced Rental Property Inspections, Read This

Anthony Chara
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Centennial, CO
Posted Dec 5 2018, 16:35

Over the past few years as I travel the country, I hear more and more people saying that their municipalities are now requiring Landlords to let the city into their rental properties. On top of that, the Landlord has to pay for this Forced Inspection. Well, it's about time people have started to fight back.

A few years ago, 1851 Center for Constitutional Law, (https://OhioConstitution.org), is the first law firm I heard about that took up the mantle to fight the government on behalf of property owners over what really is nothing more than a new tax on Landlords under the guise of "We're doing it to protect Renters from Slum Lords". BS!!! 1851 successfully argued in Ohio, that these inspections are unconstitutional and violated the Renters' rights as the 'government' basically was 'searching' the Renters' abode without a warrant or their permission to enter the premises.

Now, Landlords and Renters in Seattle are fighting back too. Again, under the government guise of "We're here to help", Seattle is now requiring Renters to allow them to inspect their rental unit just by showing up at the door. If the Renter refuses, the government can charge the Landlord up to $500 per day. This, in essence, tries to force Landlords into coercing their Renters into opening up their doors so the government inspectors can check the unit without a warrant. It's time we all started fighting back. Read this article to learn more.

https://rentalhousingjournal.com/landlords-and-tenants-sue-seattle-over-mandatory-rental-inspections/?utm_source=Master+Vendors&utm_campaign=4c874c307b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_05_02_59&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4780df7d33-4c874c307b-113929429

The law firm in this article says they have brought legal action against municipalities across the country. If you're in an area where your city/county/state is forcing you to have your rental properties inspected, you might want to reach out to this firm to help you fight your local government's unconstitutional inspections and money grab!!!

Loading replies...