Unit Mix (All 1b/1b) MFR - 2-4

Unit Mix (All 1b/1b) MFR - 2-4

Real Estate Agent · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 7 votes

Hi all

Would people invest in, or steer clear of, a nice 3 unit property if all the units were 1/1.  All the other fundamental appear solid, but that unit mix seems like a potential constraint?  

I found a post on here from about 5 years ago and consensus seemed to be to steer clear of 1/1's just wondering if that's still the prevailing sentiment - it was my initial though, but thought I'd ask the forum.  

Thanks!

David

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @David J Carciere, I'd consider it, assuming the numbers work. I think the worry with 1-beds is that they attract more "transient" tenants. Maybe that's something to be concerned with if you had 20, 1-bed units. In your case, 3 units in a nice neighborhood, keep an open mind.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.