Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Chris F.
  • Investor
  • Santa Monica
Votes |
Underwriting an 8-Unit. How does it look?

Chris F.
  • Investor
  • Santa Monica
Posted Sep 3 2019, 13:36

Looking at an 8-unit and would love your feedback on where I may be over/under conservative. I have the inplace that the seller "shows" and then my assumptions for the current year. All units expect the last one are occupied and on a year lease. The last unit was the owners unit so I am making an assumption there current to market.

Project is in California.

Here is the link

User Stats

Votes
Jim Blackburn
  • Lender
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Replied Sep 6 2019, 08:22

@Chris Fi

From a Leonard perspective, we’re going to look at the property address, and the operating income statement of the building, and your ability as a property manager. That’s 80%.

The other 20% is your personal income assets and credit used for illustrating your financial responsibility.

Jim

User Stats

Votes
Chris F.
  • Investor
  • Santa Monica
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Monica
Replied Sep 6 2019, 09:17
Originally posted by @Jim Blackburn:

@Chris Fi

From a Leonard perspective, we’re going to look at the property address, and the operating income statement of the building, and your ability as a property manager. That’s 80%.

The other 20% is your personal income assets and credit used for illustrating your financial responsibility.

Jim

Yep. Ive been providing everything except an income statement...they literally only had a spreadsheet of the rents coming in and the expenses he thought he had for the year. So I have requested a T12

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kent Ritter
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Sep 6 2019, 11:38

@Chris Fi you are doing it right. Subtract your capital reserves from your free cash flow before you calculate our COC. Also, take out your debt service.