Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes

Commercial Loan Terms for an 8 Unit Apartment Building

Herb Lichtenberg
Posted Apr 13 2021, 14:56

Hi BP Community - I would greatly appreciate feedback on the following loan terms from a local bank.  It's an 8 unit apartment building. I don't see anything that stands out except for the personal guarantee.  I would think this thing could stand on its own without a personal guarantee. Is that typical for a deal like this or of this size maybe? How do the rest of the terms look? This is our first commercial loan so I'm just being cautious. Thanks much!

Loan terms and final items needed would be as follows:

· Loan to Your LLC , in the amount of $292,000.

· Rate locked for 5 years at 4.0%.

· 5 year term, 20 year amortization of loan amount.

· There is a 2% refinance penalty if the loan is refinanced to another bank during the 5 year term of the loan. This does not apply to prepayment of principal by you as the owners or if sold or if refinanced by the bank.

· Collateral will be a 1st lien mortgage and GBSA on the real estate and personal property being purchased, respectively. We will also file an Assignment of Rents too.

· Personal Guarantees from you and your wife as Members of the LLC will be required.

· Estimated loan closing costs are about $1410 and include the following

§ Loan origination fee of $500

§ Property valuation $300

§ Title commitment fee $400

§ Recording fees $60

§ Tax service, flood and UCC filing $150

· I will need an operating agreement if you will both be members of the LLC

· I will need a copy of the IRS tax ID letter, assigning the employer Identification number to the LLC.

· I will need copies of your Drivers Licenses for our file

· As I mentioned, there is no formal Business Loan Agreement on smaller business loans, although we do request that you provide your tax returns and an updated Personal Financial Statement annually.

Loading replies...