• Austin, TX
Votes |
Seeking Advice - Purchasing with a Large Amount of Cash

Karina Seidel
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted May 1 2021, 11:07

Hi everyone, I am new to real estate and I am seeking some advice from more experienced investors. 

A little bit of my background: Since February 2021, I've bought 5 small multifamily properties in Texas (Killeen and Copperas Cove) and Florida (Tampa and Saint Pete) using cash. I have been buying older distressed properties under market value, fixing them up, and renting them out. Good monthly cash flow has been my main goal (8%+ CoC on average per deal all cash), we have also seen good appreciation thus far.
Although it might not be the best strategy to sink all cash in these properties, working with an investor who doesn't want to utilize any debt financing. With that being said, I'm looking for advice on how I can maximize my returns with the amount of cash we have ($1 million+) given they don't want to take a loan. Should I keep buying multifamily properties or shift to something bigger (smaller commercial properties, maybe 10-15 units) or do something else (mobile home parks etc)? In case we shift to bigger properties, I might be able to invest with them by taking a loan. For example, they would put $300,000-400,000 as a down payment and I'll be the guarantor on the loan.
So, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? I would really appreciate any feedback. Would also love to connect with more people here!

Loading replies...