Votes
David Santore
  • Braintree, MA
Votes |
Looking for a Structural Engineer in the Boston area

David Santore
  • Braintree, MA
Posted Feb 7 2018, 11:41

Hi all, my duplex has some spots in the basement I would like to shore up with lally columns for future support.  A prior Structural Engineer stopped and looked it and said it's fine overall but some spots could use a lally column.  I'd use this guy but he is too far away to make my small job worth his while.

Unfortunately many of the Structural Engineers I've called are more commercial focused - does anyone know of an SE that will do residential work?

User Stats

Votes
Christian Nachtrieb
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Medford, MA
Votes |
  • Medford, MA
Replied Nov 16 2018, 15:16

Hey @David Santore by any chance did you end up finding anyone? I'm in need of someone for a relatively small job in a condo unit in Dorchester. Thanks dude!

User Stats

Votes
David Santore
  • Braintree, MA
Votes |
  • Braintree, MA
Replied Nov 17 2018, 06:23
@Christian Nachtrieb yes I did! Walter A. McKinnon Associates, Inc. Consulting Engineers 278 Washington Street Weymouth, MA 02188 They were good folks and helpful, though a bit hard to get ahold of initially.
Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Christian Nachtrieb
  • Medford, MA
Votes |
  • Medford, MA
Replied Nov 17 2018, 06:24

That’s awesome thanks so much for replying. I’m going to need someone around March of next year just trying to get some names ready. Much appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Lee
  • Weymouth, MA
Votes |
  • Weymouth, MA
Replied Nov 29 2018, 11:27

I did some work with an architectural designer who had Rivermoor Engineering in Situate as her structural engineers when needed.