Votes
Ryan Hobbs
  • Leander, TX
Votes |
Probate Investing in California

Ryan Hobbs
  • Leander, TX
Posted Mar 22 2014, 20:40

Do you need a realtor when getting a probate property under contract when the seller has full authority?

User Stats

Votes
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Votes |
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Replied Mar 22 2014, 21:06

Nope.

Nor are you legally required to use C.A.R.'s pre-printed real estate forms. However, if an attorney is involved, they may be uncomfortable with their client (the P. R.) using an unusual format and discourage the approval of your offer on anything but a standard form.

Most probate attorneys prefer their client list the estate asset (real estate) with a licensed broker/agent who will give the property maximum marketing exposure. This is not law, but if an objection is raised during the notice period, your deal could escalate into one requiring court confirmation.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Hobbs
  • Leander, TX
Votes |
  • Leander, TX
Replied Mar 22 2014, 21:16
Originally posted by @Rick H.:
Nope.

Nor are you legally required to use C.A.R.'s pre-printed real estate forms. However, if an attorney is involved, they may be uncomfortable with their client (the P. R.) using an unusual format and discourage the approval of your offer on anything but a standard form.

Most probate attorneys prefer their client list the estate asset (real estate) with a licensed broker/agent who will give the property maximum marketing exposure. This is not law, but if an objection is raised during the notice period, your deal could escalate into one requiring court confirmation.

Awesome! From what I understand probate is definitely worth learning.I have already sent some letters out and I learned some new things and I wanted to confirm.

Thanks Rick.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes