Any Experience with Hard Money Lenders With Lower Then Usual Minimums?

Any Experience with Hard Money Lenders With Lower Then Usual Minimums?

Luke TetreaultPro Member
Investor · NY · Member since 2022 · 49 posts · 21 votes

I have built my business to this point using private money. As we have grown I see value in building relationships with lenders, consolidating my business from a lot of different private guys to a couple lenders would make things much easier and most likely cheaper for me. However, I Invest in very small markets, where ARVS and purchase prices are cheap. The majority of lenders I have spoken with are 75,000 minimums. Which work for the majority of my multi family deals but not my cheaper house flips. Does anyone have an experience with lenders that allow lower minimums. The majority of my flips I am all in around 60-80k between purchase and rehab. I am in NY as well. Thanks!

1Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Arman AhmedPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 924 votes
1y

@Luke Tetreault

Hey Luke, if you’re open to looking outside NY, the Midwest has a lot of smaller, lower-cost flips where lenders are often more flexible with lower minimums. I work with several investors there and can connect you with a few lenders who understand deals in that price range and can move quickly. It’s worth exploring if you want to scale smaller flips without being constrained by high minimums.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • AJ ExnerPro Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 652 posts · 315 votes
    1y

    Hey Luke,

    I do have some experience with a program that works lower value flips up there, but I think they like to see a $50k total loan amount and still take about 30 days or so to close. And if I recall, they also want to see at least a $15k rehab and ask that you put $10k into the deal no matter what the purchase price is.

    Fortunately they do have a quick draw process and aren't too bad when it comes to the fees/terms for HML standards.

    Happy to connect and talk through it. They are very familiar with markets all throughout NY and I know of some DSCR that can do ARVs in the 70k-100k range.

    Good luck!

  • Specialist · NJ · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 650 votes
    1y

    Yes, there's a lender I work with that has 50k mins.  

  • Matthew CrivelliBusiness Member
    Lender · MA · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    We are direct with a 50k minimum. Thank you.  

    Freedom Capital Funding, LLC523 Reviews
    • Luke TetreaultPro Member
      OP
      Investor · NY · Member since 2022 · 49 posts · 21 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Matthew Crivelli:

      We are direct with a 50k minimum. Thank you.  


      Would love to chat!

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 924 votes
    1y

    @Luke Tetreault

    Hey Luke, if you’re open to looking outside NY, the Midwest has a lot of smaller, lower-cost flips where lenders are often more flexible with lower minimums. I work with several investors there and can connect you with a few lenders who understand deals in that price range and can move quickly. It’s worth exploring if you want to scale smaller flips without being constrained by high minimums.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.