General Warranty Deed v Special Warranty Deed

General Warranty Deed v Special Warranty Deed

Member since 2024 · 38 posts · 8 votes

Hey everyone, 

I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

Blessings!

0Reply
108 views

Most Popular Reply

Greg H.Pro Member
Moderator
Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

just quit claim it: 


Title companies in Texas frown on quit claim deeds.  Since this is an administrative transfer he will likely be fine although there is really no need not to do a general 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y

    just quit claim it: 

    7e investments53 Reviews
    • Greg H.Pro Member
      Moderator
      Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Chris Seveney:

      just quit claim it: 


      Title companies in Texas frown on quit claim deeds.  Since this is an administrative transfer he will likely be fine although there is really no need not to do a general 

    • Member since 2024 · 38 posts · 8 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Chris Seveney:

      just quit claim it: 

      Definitely not doing. I was using a website that provides insight into forming LLCs in Texas, and a quitclaim deed isn't recommended. 

      Thanx.
    • Member since 2024 · 38 posts · 8 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Greg H.:
      Quote from @Chris Seveney:

      just quit claim it: 


      Title companies in Texas frown on quit claim deeds.  Since this is an administrative transfer he will likely be fine although there is really no need not to do a general 


       Based on the website I found on forming LLCs in Texas, it's recommended to use either one. 

      Thanx.

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:

    Hey everyone, 

    I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

    While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

    So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

    Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

    Blessings!

    Just curious, will AI chatbot represent you if you get into a lawsuit?


    • Member since 2024 · 38 posts · 8 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:

      Hey everyone, 

      I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

      While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

      So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

      Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

      Blessings!

      Just curious, will AI chatbot represent you if you get into a lawsuit?



      Hmmm....not sure. But I may be able to use one in the future to sue you for such a lame and humorless question. 

      But thank you. You're a wonderful example of the type of men we should no longer allow to run our society. 

      Ciao hun.

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:

      Hey everyone, 

      I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

      While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

      So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

      Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

      Blessings!

      Just curious, will AI chatbot represent you if you get into a lawsuit?



      Hmmm....not sure. But I may be able to use one in the future to sue you for such a lame and humorless question. 

      But thank you. You're a wonderful example of the type of men we should no longer allow to run our society. 

      Ciao hun.

      My mistake. I thought you might want to stay out of trouble. No worries.

      Your comment: 'You're a wonderful example of the type of men we should no longer allow to run our society."

      I can't tell, was that supposed to be an insult?

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:

    Hey everyone, 

    I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

    While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

    So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

    Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

    Blessings!

    Very foolish advice. A special warranty deed just warrants the deed from the time you took ownership.

    "The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property."

    (that's very wrong, that is not what happens)

    First, it doesn't actually protect you from what happened before you bought the property, it absolves ** itself ** of any responsibility, before it took ownership. In this case it won't really matter, because you are transferring from you to an entity you control, you could use a Quit Claim Deed and have the same result. But transferring from someone else to you, using a special warranty deed is very dangerous. Use an attorney for legal questions, not a brainless AI.

    Your comment: 'You're a wonderful example of the type of men we should no longer allow to run our society.

    Now, may I go back to running the world? Oh, and "blessings" from a man-hater, are not really blessings at all. 

    • Member since 2024 · 38 posts · 8 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Simone Montague-Jackson:

      Hey everyone, 

      I created an LLC and will transfer ownership from my name to the LLC. I was getting conflicting information from ChatGPT and diverse internet resources. Here's the information below:

      While the AI chatbot recommends using a special warranty deed, I read online that most landlords use a general warranty deed when transferring a property to an LLC. The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property. 

      So any advice, and more, on this topic would be helpful. 

      Thank you to those in advance for replying and offering support. 

      Blessings!

      Very foolish advice. A special warranty deed just warrants the deed from the time you took ownership.

      "The reason why ChatGPT recommends using this particular deed is to protect myself against any title issues before I owned the property."

      (that's very wrong, that is not what happens)

      First, it doesn't actually protect you from what happened before you bought the property, it absolves ** itself ** of any responsibility, before it took ownership. In this case it won't really matter, because you are transferring from you to an entity you control, you could use a Quit Claim Deed and have the same result. But transferring from someone else to you, using a special warranty deed is very dangerous. Use an attorney for legal questions, not a brainless AI.

      Your comment: 'You're a wonderful example of the type of men we should no longer allow to run our society.

      Now, may I go back to running the world? Oh, and "blessings" from a man-hater, are not really blessings at all. 

      Hello Ken, 

      First, never said I was a man-hater, and I was being facetious when I used the word "blessing" (duh). 


      Also, I didnt only use chatgpt. I used it as a starting point to conduct additional online research from other websites, including one based here in Texas that's run by attorneys. On top of that, I contacted a close friend who is a real estate investor and insurance broker who offered detailed advice, and I decided to get insight from the community here on BP. 

      However, only two men were helpful (thank you to you both) while your first advice was sarcastic and unnecessary (who the heck would hire AI to rep them legally?), and your second advice contained an attitude when I was asking a simple question to gain clarity before making any decision. Isn't that what one is supposed to do before making a big decision? Maybe not in your world, but in my mine, the answer is yes because I prefer to use critical thinking and logic, instead of emotion before making a crucial choice.

      By the way, I'm not a man-hater by any means. In fact, I love and respect men because you all are human beings. However, there are certain men (and women, too - e.g. Marjorie Taylor Greene) who dont deserve to run our society, and that means YOU as well since you're incapable of offering helpful, KIND advice. Instead you made an assumption (me being a man-hater when there isn't any evidence to support such a presumption) and insert your personal emotions.

      I will continue to do research and contact the proper people. 

      Thank you for your advice, but you're uncouth, and I don't wish to read your comments any further. 

      Have a blessed day. Ciao! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.