Ever heard of a $15million price reduction?

2 Replies

Record setting price for a home in Beverly Hills closed today.

A friend of mines brokerage worked on this $70million transaction that closed today. 

Thirty five year old Markus Persson (inventor of the popular video game Minecraft) closed today on this home after winning the bid just 6 days ago for $15million below the asking price of $85million. 

Apparently there were multiple offers and somewhat of a bidding war and at the end of the day the "all cash 6 day close" offer (so aggressive that would make even a Ron Legrand proud) won the bid. 

Let me know what you think of this house.  

I personally think the house would have sold for more with a shorter escrow had the videographer put the shots of the garage (starts at approx 2:45) more toward the beginning of this video tour:

http://vimeo.com/102897742

What say you?

It's very hard to know exactly what homes at the very top of the market are worth when buyers like Persson (billionaires) are interested. I have a couple Minecraft addicts at my house, so maybe we should get to visit. 

And that garage, I immediately thought Tony Stark. 

I've seen this house and it is amazing. The sellers purchased it in 2012 for $12,650,000.

The house is 22,300 sq ft. Let's presume it cost $300 sq.ft. to develop it out, they're looking at just under $7M for costs. Let's say they were all in for $25M. At a $70M sale price, they made quite a decent return.

If I were the developer with these margins and someone was willing to wire me $70M in six days, I would take it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here