• Tampa, FL
Votes |
Direct Mail Campaign For Probate Leads

David Battle
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 27 2015, 11:12

Hi Guys,

I came across some probate leads recently and I'm wondering what method of direct mail I should use? I usually send out postcards but I was thinking I should try something different. Does anyone have an idea of what works best and possibly an example?

Thanks In Advance

Battle

User Stats

Votes
Dev Horn
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Jul 27 2015, 11:22

We send out a series of 3 typed letters on business letterhead.  It has a very respectful and straightforward offer to "convert real estate into cash".   Keep it professional, that's my point.

User Stats

Votes
Griffin Fehrs
  • Wolcott, CT
Votes |
  • Wolcott, CT
Replied Jul 27 2015, 11:48

@David Battle I agree with @Dev Horn. Keep it professional. Be respectful. Solve their problem. I also use white letters with business letterhead. 

Although I send professional business letters to probate, I keep it singular. I am the local home buyer - with a professional business.  

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
David Battle
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 28 2015, 04:06
Originally posted by @Griffin Fehrs:

@David Battle I agree with @Dev Horn. Keep it professional. Be respectful. Solve their problem. I also use white letters with business letterhead. 

Although I send professional business letters to probate, I keep it singular. I am the local home buyer - with a professional business.  

A professional letter was what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out what I should say to them more or less without offending them. Do you guys have your letters sent out by someone or do you send them out yourself? Also how do you reference the estate? Do you mention the deceased person or case number?

Thanks In Advance

User Stats

Votes
Griffin Fehrs
  • Wolcott, CT
Votes |
  • Wolcott, CT
Replied Jul 28 2015, 05:37

@David Battle I start with an introduction about me and what I do. Be considerate and come off easy. Be of help. Be informative. 

Simply referencing you are contacting them regarding their probate estate is enough. No further details are necessary. Losing someone close coupled with the probate process is a big event that they are fully aware of. 

I have someone pull my leads and stuff envelopes, in order to send out hand written envelopes. Develop your system, prove it works, and delegate.

User Stats

Votes
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Votes |
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Replied Jul 28 2015, 06:29

Marketing directly to estate reps is best accomplished with a series of straight-forward messages aimed at the person who might be overwhelmed with duties and responsibilities. 

When I was starting, I tried to tell 'all' in my letters and other communication. Today, I think that the wrong approach.

My preferred approach is to never feign syrupy condolence (because it comes across as insincerely and inappropriate from a stranger). Others argue this point with me however they haven't been in the game as long as I have and doubtfully done even 1% of the deals I've done. Trust me, it ain't necessary and wastes valuable headline message space.

I like to address specific problems (pain points) that they are likely encountering and that I know how to quickly evaluate and ultimately solve. Mostly, these problems are about the property or the people they must deal with.

Multiple touches. Send letters out in three's. Follow up. 

I learned this little truck years ago that's made me several fortunes: just do what you say you're going to do. Follow up and follow through is what your competitors will NOT often do. Amazing how you'll stand out as the clear choice.

User Stats

Votes
Dev Horn
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Jul 28 2015, 08:47

@David Battle

Send me a Colleague Request and I'll PM you the text of my Probate Letter #1. It works and it does not offend (we never get angry calls about it, etc.). People that get good at working this group can do very well. It is one part of a larger REI marketing strategy. The deals that come via estates can be some of the best deals you'll find, so you're on the right path...

User Stats

Votes
Guy Olds
  • Yucaipa, CA
Votes |
  • Yucaipa, CA
Replied Jul 28 2015, 10:43

I've been mailing to probate PR's for 6 months now and just recently have begun to get some action due to multiple touches. I have closed one deal now so my results are improving. I, too, think that adding condolences sounds a bit contrived though I still add it to my 1st letter only.

@Rick H. You stated in an above post "Multiple touches. Send letters out in three's. Follow up." I get the Multiple touches (I mail letters out once a month and call if I have a phone number). I get the "follow up". But what did you mean by "Send letter's out in three's"?

User Stats

Votes
David Battle
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 29 2015, 06:28
Originally posted by @Griffin Fehrs:

@David Battle I start with an introduction about me and what I do. Be considerate and come off easy. Be of help. Be informative. 

Simply referencing you are contacting them regarding their probate estate is enough. No further details are necessary. Losing someone close coupled with the probate process is a big event that they are fully aware of. 

I have someone pull my leads and stuff envelopes, in order to send out hand written envelopes. Develop your system, prove it works, and delegate.

When addressing the estate do you mention the deceased or do you send them a generic letter? The leads that I came across mentions the deceased name but it doesn't give a property address. It only gives the amount the estate is worth and the PR's name and address. Is that enough info?