• Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Votes |
Getting results...achieving your goals

Steven Story
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Posted Aug 6 2015, 15:21

Hi I tried searching to see if there were already some posts about this but I couldn't find any so here it goes, if there are feel free to direct me there.

This question would be for seasoned investors, or anyone who has experience achieving success and reaching their goals.  

What one (or two) activity(s) do you do, that yields you the greatest results?

I believe @Brandon Turner might have spoken about this in one of his webinars recently but I just wanted to reach out to those who have found success and get their point of view on the actions they take or have taken that have brought them their greatest results. 

Thanks again to everyone on BP who is helping everyone else!

-Looking forward to paying it forward-

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied Aug 6 2015, 15:26

1. Choose one specialty.

2. Get laser focused.

3. Become a world class expert at your chosen niche.

If you do this the odds are greatly in your favor that a lot of success and ongoing business finds you.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Story
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Replied Aug 6 2015, 19:41

@Joel Owens

Thank you for your input Joel!  When I think of focus I think of my "why" and it keeps me motivated and focused.  Do you have a routine that keeps you focused?  Do you say to yourself "Ok I have to do these 3 things everyday to stay on top of it" or some variation thereof?  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steven Thompson
  • Wholesaler
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Aug 8 2015, 06:59

Hi Steven, 

I agree with @Joel Owens. When you are testing too many waters it is hard for you to find what works and how it works. Pay close attention to what you are doing, create an investment journal and log in the days and hours you spend on investing. I find it helpful to have someone keep you accountable. Keeping a Journal of your actions helps you determine quickly what works and what doesn't work. If you see results whether it be negative or positive it is working. I hope this has helped. Remember the harder you work the luckier you will be.

Best Wish's 

User Stats

Votes
Steven Story
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Replied Aug 9 2015, 06:59

@Steven Thompson the journal is a great idea.  I have sort of been doing that with the blog feature here.  I think personal accountability is huge and making sure you are taking small steps everyday towards a bigger goal is very important.  Thank you for the input!

Steve