• Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
1st Home purchase

Trevon Peracca
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Aug 10 2015, 21:00

I am closing on my first single-family home on September 18th. I've never purchased a property before, so I'm looking for some advice on questions to ask to my realtor, and my lender. I want to make sure I'm not getting into anything fishy. So if there are questions I can ask to make things easier or something like that might not necessarily be disclosed to me I would greatly appreciate the input.!

My overall in state goal is to be a real estate investor, I think I could leverage this house as a jump start to a real estate investing career. I want to know the tips and tricks on how to develop the most equity possible. I've heard that you can get 4% of your home's appraised value for home improvements. I've heard you can raise your interest rate to get $5000 toward your principal balance, and refinance every 6 months with the VA loan. I've heard you can get grants for first time home buyers from the HUD. I have also heard you can get first time buyer rebates or military rebates.

If anybody can help answer any of these questions or provide some general knowledge for a first time home buyer who is seeking to be an investor, I would absolutely appreciate it. Please send me a private message if you'd like to call me on the phone.

Loading replies...