Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
I am a new agent in the Austin area. I am trying to learn how the city lays out in regards to the best areas to hold rental properties vs. looking to flip and sell a house quickly. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 933 posts · 1k+ votes
10y
Agree with Matthew that solid demand for rentals in Austin do not seem too tied to location at the moment albeit stronger demand is a given in selected areas closer to the core and near major arteries. For flippers, the zip codes that I see come up the most are: to the N/NE of downtown such as 78757 (Crestview); 78758; 78752 (St. Johns); 78723 (Mueller); and to the south (78745; 78749).
Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 29 votes
10y
Austin is one of the hottest markets in the country, period. You can find flip and rental opportunities anywhere in town. I've seen a lot of stuff in the southern part of town, '21 '23 and such, pretty much the whole array from east to south of downtown.
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 933 posts · 1k+ votes
10y
Agree with Matthew that solid demand for rentals in Austin do not seem too tied to location at the moment albeit stronger demand is a given in selected areas closer to the core and near major arteries. For flippers, the zip codes that I see come up the most are: to the N/NE of downtown such as 78757 (Crestview); 78758; 78752 (St. Johns); 78723 (Mueller); and to the south (78745; 78749).