• Investor
  • Lisbon, Portugal
Votes |
Personal and Loaned Money Investment

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Lisbon, Portugal
Posted Oct 23 2016, 09:42

Hello Hello, fellow real-estate enthusiasts!

I'm a new face here so I thought it would be good to start a discussion and learn something while meeting new people at the same time.

So, let me explain where I come from. 

I'm Nuno and I live in Lisbon, Portugal. I'm currently developing my own business, outside real-estate (video gaming industry) and have no profit from there yet. So, I live off passive income from two rental properties that I own. 

Now, in March I'm selling one of the houses (only 50% mine) and want to reinvest the money back into real-estate, specifically into a two/three-bedroom apartment and I have two options:

a) buy one property with my own money and keep 100% of the cash flow (which I need); 

or

b) ask the bank for two loans, buy two-properties and use part of the cash-flow to pay off the debt.

I'm inclined to go for option b for obvious reasons, but I've never asked for a loan before, so I'm kind of nervous about the compromise. I think I can get enough cash-flow from the two new properties (plus the other one) to survive, but I sometimes feel that I might be stretching a bit much for my experience. 

What do you think?

Any advice on things to look out for, like commons mistakes or things people usually forget?

Thanks in advance to all of you who are taking your time to read this.

All the Best,

Nuno

Loading replies...