• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Logan Square Avondale Chicago Properties

Account Closed
  • Supply Chain Engineer
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jun 28 2017, 09:39

Greetings BP!

Has anyone had any experience in investing in the Logan Square or Avondale areas in Chicago? My fiance and I are looking for a duplex or 3-level home to live in and rent out units. From the initial research we've done, we're not seeing too many multi-unit homes in the area near the Blue Line. Wanted to reach out to see if anyone has an experience or advice with this.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Burdick
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 28 2017, 10:34
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

Greetings BP!

Has anyone had any experience in investing in the Logan Square or Avondale areas in Chicago? My fiance and I are looking for a duplex or 3-level home to live in and rent out units. From the initial research we've done, we're not seeing too many multi-unit homes in the area near the Blue Line. Wanted to reach out to see if anyone has an experience or advice with this.

Thanks!

Hey Josh.  I have a two flat in Irving Park, just north of Avondale.  The market is pretty competitive right now and deals are tough to find.  There are some properties on the market currently, but the ones that are priced right tend to sell pretty quickly.  

User Stats

Votes
Alex Bok
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 28 2017, 11:14

@Account Closed market is definitely much more competitive now. Have you looked a bit outside the borders such as the Irving park areas? You may have better luck over there

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Supply Chain Engineer
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Supply Chain Engineer
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 28 2017, 14:52

I haven't looked into Iriving Park or Jefferson Park yet. Our target areas thus far are Pilsen, Logan Square, Avondale, and Lincoln Square. We've met with one Broker Associate, but weren't too thrilled with the experience. I sent you a PM Alex on connecting. I'd love to be able to continue this conversation in person. My fiance and I are relatively new to the RE business so more people we can meet with the better!