Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Lopes
  • Investor
  • Mount Airy, MD
Votes |
Are you noticing more Unethical Realtors? Or just in Maryland?

John Lopes
  • Investor
  • Mount Airy, MD
Posted Oct 14 2017, 16:01

It seems I am running in to quite a few unethical Realtors.  Wondering if its everywhere, or just here in Maryland?  (Carroll County)

I could go on for days, but the scenario that happened this morning has got me fuming!

Spent hours putting together an "Non-Contingent", No Inspections, As-is offer on a project that has hit the 100 day on market point yesterday.   My Realtor forwarded the offer via email last evening around 7:30 pm.  This morning at 8:01 am, he gets a one-sentence reply.    "No thanks, we have a better offer on the table now" .   Which would be fine, if it were true.  I am positive it was never presented. (My Realtor gets a receipt when the email is opened...)

Yes, it was less than list price.  I included a one page letter to the seller (which I normally don't do), explaining our logic, and wanting to start a conversation. (The house needs over $100K in renovations)

I have many, many, more stories about less than ethical Realtors - Just this past year.  Just in the last 15 or so offers.  

I may start posting them one at a time.  Should I?

Just wondering if you guys are having the same things happening in your neck of the woods.   Thoughts?

Loading replies...