Harvey flooded home success?

3 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in the Houston/Katy area with flipping flooded homes due to Harvey. I have a feeling some are afraid to buy a house that was previously flooded, though if any of you have some insight on the topic I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Joshua, I was hopping someone will be more knowledgeable about this subject, I also live in Katy and am trying to see how the flood will be affecting home prices in the first half of 2018. 

There is a meet-up in Jan 11, at 25495 katy Mills, I hope to find some answers there, you may want to attend, I'm sending you the link.

Join us for networking, complimentary drinks, and a discussion on investing Post-Harvey featuring a case study by Katy investor, Rae Dolan.Seating is limited! RSVP below!
Thursday, January 11th, 2018 from 7 - 10pm25495 Katy Mills Fwy | Katy, TX 77494
Click HERE to RSVP
www.sennahousebuyers.com

@Elizabeth Galarza I also live in Katy. Any objection if I happen to attend? I would think if a home is bought in a none flood zone (even though it recently flooded) you wouldn't have nearly as much trouble selling. I'm new to the real estate investment world but plan on having my first deal before the end of March.

Originally posted by @David Olson :

@Elizabeth Galarza I also live in Katy. Any objection if I happen to attend? I would think if a home is bought in a none flood zone (even though it recently flooded) you wouldn't have nearly as much trouble selling. I'm new to the real estate investment world but plan on having my first deal before the end of March.

You're welcome to attend, I receiced an e-mail about this meet-up group meeting in Katy. I'm also looking to purchase a property asap, but want to be sure about the ARV after Harvey. Someone said to deduct 20% to the ARV number prior to Harvey! Hope to see you there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here