I have been on here for around a year and finally became PRO. Started using the calculators on a few potential buildings i see and had a few basic questions for you guys/gals that have used the calculators...
- Do you have a preference/range of where the Cash-on-Cash ROI should be? )I feel like i have heard 10-12%?)
- What is purchase cap rate(is it normal cap rate?) and what is pro forma cap rate?
- Is there a rule of thumb as to what monthly cash flow is acceptable/good?
- what is the 50% rule?
I am looking to buy/hold a building annually over the next few years and am in the process of looking for #2. I am getting solid monthly cash flow on property #1, but my Cash-on Cash is less than I thought it was going to be (10%). Would love anyone to just chime in and point me in the right direction going forward so i am not missing something.
Thanks all and look forward to many discussions in the future!!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you