Getting your offer accepted!

1 Reply

I am a Realtor and investor and wanted to share how an investor got his offer accepted on one of my listings this week. The listing was a fixer upper and attracted 7 offers quickly. All of the offers were "as is". All but one gave the buyer the right to inspect within a short period and back out if they were not satisfied with their findings. One investor crafted his offer in such a way that he did not have that right. His offer was "as is where is" with absolutely no inspection contingency. His offer, even though $7,000 below the highest offer, was accepted because of this. Risky? Perhaps. Effective? You bet. 

Originally posted by @Chad Seay :

I am a Realtor and investor and wanted to share how an investor got his offer accepted on one of my listings this week. The listing was a fixer upper and attracted 7 offers quickly. All of the offers were "as is". All but one gave the buyer the right to inspect within a short period and back out if they were not satisfied with their findings. One investor crafted his offer in such a way that he did not have that right. His offer was "as is where is" with absolutely no inspection contingency. His offer, even though $7,000 below the highest offer, was accepted because of this. Risky? Perhaps. Effective? You bet. 

Good point. Indeed, that is how I buy my properties. The reason why? I'm not going to live in them and I know my costs to fix it up. Mold, rot, electrical, bad floor plan all can be fixed fairly quickly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here