Votes
Heather Rudy
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Hoarder House in Denver

Heather Rudy
  • Denver, CO
Posted Nov 18 2017, 18:15

Hi fellow Denver folks and anyone who might have experience with a hoarder house.  I would consider doing the cleaning/repairs myself, but also curious if anyone can recommend a local cleaning company or provide an estimated cost?  This is a 3/2 with about 1300 sq ft.  There are dead mice, mouse droppings covering most of the visible carpet, piles of books/papers/stuff everywhere.   Dishes and food in the sink, a spill (perhaps soda) that's deteriorated a good portion of the kitchen floor.  A very unpleasant odor as you might imagine.  Also, any potential problems to be on the lookout for if I enter into contract (i.e. how to structure contingencies or ways to manage the stuff that is in the house?)  The listing currently states "as is."  How does an inspection work in a situation like this when an inspector obviously can't get a good visual on huge portions of the space?  My realtor has been extremely helpful in answering some of these questions, but just want to know if there's anything I'm missing and how I can reasonably estimate the cost to get this property either move-in ready or sellable.  

Thanks for your thoughts/comments as I navigate whether or not this is a good territory for me to jump into.

Loading replies...