• Mount Nebo, WV
Votes |
Any love for West Virginia?

Timothy Doenges
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mount Nebo, WV
Posted Jan 2 2018, 18:44
Hello all, I’m an aspiring investor coming up in central WV, and also just passed my exams for my WV real estate license. I’ve been trolling the BP forums for a while now, but see almost nothing on BiggerPockets about West Virginia. I wanted to ask a few questions: 1) Are there any investors on BP from West Virginia? I’ve used the ZIP code search to find members near me, but can’t seem to find any within 50 miles of me. 2) Is there any interest in WV from out-of-state investors? There are several markets near me where you can pick up the standard 3/1.5 or 3/2 in B - C+ areas for around $50-70k on the MLS (I’m sure lower for mailers or marketers), and the average rents in those areas are between $700-$800. Not quite 2% rule at list price,but still cash flows for sure. There also seems like there is room to flip homes in the B+ and A areas, but after looking at recent sales, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of flips going on. 3) Most of the podcasts and articles I’ve heard and read work with evaluating hot markets (or at least high-volume ones). Are there any good resources for valuing homes in slow or low-volume markets from an investment perspective? It seems like a whole different beast working in a town of less than 20,000 people as opposed to one of 100,000+. Thanks, Tim Doenges (Soon-to-be Re/MAX agent!!)
RE/MAX Real Estate Limited Logo

Loading replies...