Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Alan Firth
  • Mount Pleasant, SC
Votes |
$350k/year in passive income- what does your portfolio look like?

Alan Firth
  • Mount Pleasant, SC
Posted Jan 21 2018, 17:57

As a goal setting exercise and to be sure I'm focusing my education in the right areas I'd love your input on the following:

I'm seeking 350k+/year in net passive income.  How would you design the portfolio? What exactly would it look like and how much seed capital would it require?  I'd like to travel with my family for months with only occasional check-ins with the "team".  I'm looking to replace my current W2 income and will be living off this 350k.  I'll continue to work part time and more for fun vs relying on it completely.  

A little about me: my strengths are in sales, networking and interpersonal communication.  I'm detail oriented and am good at planning and analysis.  I am TERRIBLE at pounding a nail.  Lets assume for this exercise unlimited seed capital and currently a high W2 income (if your strategy requires/benefits from leverage).  Also, I have access to a strong team including :property manager, wholesaler, realtor (commercial and residential), accountant and attorney.  The exception here at the moment is a contractor.  Perhaps my team members can help bridge this gap but at the moment I'm without a really strong contractor.  

Note: I have a preference towards simplicity and this being as passive as possible.  Also, liquidity isn't a concern.  

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and let me know if I'm missing any pertinent info!

Loading replies...