Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Lucky B.
  • Investor
  • Clermont, FL
Votes |
Should i create a new LLC,or pay the reinstatement fee on SUNBIZ?

Lucky B.
  • Investor
  • Clermont, FL
Posted

Guys i need help here. I formed a LLC company in 2015 and i let it automatically dissolve last year(2017) by not filing an annual statement on Sunbiz.org. i did it on purpose because i was planning to sell my only rental home and figured i wouldn't do more investing.

Guys, i sold a rental property this year, and i want to invest in commercial and residential properties. The '"name" of the LLC, i had my rental property under was administratively dissolved . I let it dissolve in 2017 because i didn't think there was a future for the company at the time .Also the name of the LLC is not suitable for my new future strategy. I want the name of my future LLC to include investments. So should i

A) pay the reinstatment fee, past due annual fees and make an amendment  to the name of the llc under the current FEID on Sunbiz

or 

should i just form a new LLC and obtain a new federal employment identification number . It will be cheaper on Sunbiz , but does the IRS allow me to change the name of a company and still use the same FEID number.

I also have to consider than i help the property for less than 3 years and i closed on it last week. I made 80k profit so if i were to create a new LLC can i still do a 1031 like kind exchange ?

Loading replies...