Criteria for Albuquerque NM

2 Replies

This question is for both flippers and buy and hold investors:

-What are your top 5 neighborhoods you prefer to buy in and why do you prefer those neighborhoods?

-What are the top 5 neighborhoods you avoid buying in and why?

For flips, I like A or B neighborhoods. 2 flips in the last 6 months were in NE heights, one off of Eubank and the other in supper rock park neighborhood (east of tramway by encantado/copper). Rentals I slum it a bit in C- neighborhoods, have a couple multi’s in the war zone by central and Wyoming because thy cash flow so well, but I spin my wheels a bit w some lower grade tenants at times. Also under contract on another 4plex now by Gibson and San Mateo and I have a triplex in that same area....maybe that’s a C+ neighborhood? Still try to get 10%+ CoC but hopefully more upside on appreciation. TBD

I've only recently begun investing in ABQ, but I like NE heights, Taylor Rach, and Golf Course for my buy and holds.  I haven't done any flips here, but they'd be good areas for that as well.  I know a lot of the big dogs are flipping in the 87121 zip. 

The rents tend to be bit soft [not quite meeting the 1% rule], but I like the potential appreciation due to the schools / area.  I avoid the warzone as I can generally get better returns [on paper] in St Louis.  We'll see how my strategy plays out in 10 - 20 years.  I have a full time job, so I don't need the cash flow.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.