We'll be in the Huntsville metro area next weekend. I'm looking for B+ properties in the area.
- Single family home (3 bedroom/2bath)
- Less than 20 years old
- Schools with ratings of 6 or above
- Purchase price: $135K or less
- Hold and rent
- Make decent cash flow
- Decent appreciation over time
- Hire local company to manage properties
Currently we're focusing on Madison, Harvest, Capshaw, and the east side of Athens. Am we missing any neighborhoods that are worth investing in? Thank you
I also had a similar requirement and I ended up buying one buy and hold rental in New market 35761 zip.
Check it out. Hope that helps.
@Juan Pablo Murillo : I just closed it a month ago and it got rented pretty quickly; tenant moving in on june 6th. I bought it for 100K and it appraised for 105K and it got rented for 950$. I guess what got me to look at new market was the school ratings.
I am looking to buy my next property in the huntsville area just from diversification perspective. But I would definitely buy again in new market if the numbers make sense.
@John White thanks! I am currently looking for my second investment property. 35758 35756 and 35757 are good zip codes with great schools! How are things at your side?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you