• Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Question About Becoming a Real Estate Agent

Matthew John
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Posted Sep 22 2018, 20:42

Hey guys, 

I am currently enrolled in careerwebschool.com 's real estate agent course. I have taken a few of the sections, but so far it's kind of a pain. If you get 1 question wrong you have to completely restart the module. Sometimes you can get them all correct and still have to completely restart the module from the beginning. It's very frustrating. 

Anyway, I have a question about the course. 

I'm pretty business with my current business and doing REI on the side, but I would like to start scaling up and buying more houses. I originally thought getting my Real Estate Agent license would make it easier for me to invest since by eliminating a Buyer's Agent in the sale.

I also want to start getting into Private Money Lending and I figured I'd need to be able to represent myself as an Agent to be a cash buyer. 

My question is...

If I go ahead and complete this Real Estate Agent licensing class and go ahead and pass the state exam, do I have to work for a broker before I would be able to represent myself in deals?

I don't care to help other people buy/sell (at least right now), I would only go through this for education purposes and to be able to do deals without an agent. 

Is this worth it? I certainly do not have time to go work for a broker if that is what's required. 

Thanks for the answers in advance!

Loading replies...