• Rental Property Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
Best Smart Lock Systems for AirBnB Rentals

Brandon Guite
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Mar 13 2019, 18:57

Good Evening Everyone! Hope everyone is killing it in 2019. I wanted to get some recommendations on what smart lock (key pad entry) systems you have experience with in your rentals. I recently purchased a home that I am converting the basement into an AirBnB apartment and would like to utilize a keypad lock system with changeable codes. What have you all used that has worked well? I've been considering have a Vivint Security System for the entire house that would include the keypad dead bolts as well, but the system itself is pricier than other options I have found. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone and keep making '19 your best year yet! 

Account Closed
  • Cabo San Lucas
Votes |
  • Cabo San Lucas
Replied Mar 13 2019, 19:16

We recently installed Kwikset 909 Smartcode locks on all of our rentals.  Simple to program and simple for guests to access as well. There is an override code feature which makes changing the code easier as you only have to remember your master code.  Runs on AA batteries and there is a traditional key option if the batteries die.  $75 dollars, sturdy happy with the purchase. Good luck in 2019!