Additional Bedroom sfh

4 Replies

Hey BP!

I invest in West palm beach fl.

I have a question: would i need to pull a permit if am adding a bedroom by simply thowing up a wall inside the house(m not messing with any structure)?

Also, can go to register the extra bedroom at any time after work is completed?

Thanks, in advance!!

@Jean Joseph

Adding a wall even if not structural requires additional receptacles most likely.  Most jurisdictions require a permit.  Adding a bedroom impacts the tax accessor as well.  Check with your local building department.

Good Luck.

Not sure what you mean.  If the bedroom was added before you bought it then I would ask for proof it was permitted so you don’t have to deal with this in case it comes up.  That is part of your due diligence.

@Kenneth Garrett sorry no. I added the bedroom with a wall. I did not mess with structure/square feet of the property.

As you said, im going to call the zoning building and ask how can i register the additional bedroom(not going to share the property address)

Thanks Kenneth

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you