The Cash Flow Blueprint by Robert Kiyosaki

8 Replies

Hello BP,

I am attempting to re-enter the real estate investing world. I haven't been active or had any success since prior to 2008, and now I would like to get caught up on the current landscape of today's real estate environment. 

So, I attended a 1 hour seminar for Robert Kiyosaki's Cash Flow Blueprint. The course is 5 payments of $99. Has anyone taken it or have any thoughts? The information/concepts seems relevant but I am curious to know if anyone has taken the course. The gist of it seems to be helping you determine your profile as an investor, evaluation of the market you want to target and how to select the right property, access to forms and legal documents, and helping you acquire a property with little to no money down using seller financing. This is supposed to be in a structured step by step format taught on demand online with access to live help. Thoughts BP, is it a scam or worth it??

It’s one way to learn . 

You could start there, or you could 

start by reading posts here and 

listening to BP podcasts. 

Same thing , except one is free.

Hi, yes I did purchase it and was quite surprised. It was well structured and came with a weekly live webinar. The teacher for my webinar class did a great job.  Some of the content is basic/elementary but it did dive into areas that were really helpful like, evaluating, creative financing and strategies.  For a couple hundred bucks I thought it was worth it. 

I purchased it last year and it is a structured way of learning or re-learning how to invest in Real Estate. The program has some "assignments" like doing a market evaluation of the area you're looking to invest in or taking inventory of your own personal finances. The weekly live seminars help breakdown the information from each chapter and provide some examples of ways to use the information. The program starts off with basic investing information like "taking control of your finances", "What a P&L statement is and how to read one", "creating your own P&L statement", etc. It then moves on to time management skills and keeping a schedule. After that it moves into how to do a market analysis and certain factors that impact the real estate market, rental rates, calculating ROI's, etc. It continues to break down information that eventually leads you to locating properties and making offers on them. Creative financing techniques, seller's pain points, and being a problem solver are all covered in the later chapters as well. There are 6 chapters in total, 6 live streams with a rich dad advisor on a weekly basis (you can schedule this for a certain day and time each week but will be that same day and time each week), each chapter has 2 "assignments" that help the user understand the chapter material. The program also comes with a spreadsheet analyzer, mortgage calculator, and a few other spreadsheet tools.

The objective of the program is to assist a new investor in acquiring their first rental property.  The program's main benefit is providing some structure to the actions necessary in acquiring your first rental property.  If you are a new investor or want to solidify your understanding of the basic concepts of real estate investing, then you will definitely benefit from the program.  However, similar to all programs, the user MUST take action and put the information to use in order to be successful.

P.S. If you "reserve a seat" and watch one of the Rich Dad webinars to the end, they offer a $100 discount to the program.   

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you