Avg. rent; insurance agent; private lender; property inspector

3 Replies

Hello fellow investors I hope you enjoyed your Independence Day Celebrations!

I have a few questions and would like to hear from you:

1. What website/software is best/recommended for calculating rents? Is rentometer pro worth the money?

What local property manager would you recommend?

2. I would like to meet an insurance agent that specializes in rental properties and has some of his own. I  want to make sure that my properties have sufficient coverage and I would like for him/her to be able to give me quotes from different companies.

3. Private lenders that are newbie friendly and are interested in BRRRR. On the same token a loan officer at a local bank with investment expertise.

4. Any local professional and trustworthy inspectors, contractors and/or handyman that won't break the  bank.

I learned this need little trick with rentometer that doesn't require using pro. Now it depends on your volume if its large enough, don't look at going pro as an expense but as an investment.  However you can always search the address in rentometer, zoom in the map to look at comps,  do an advanced google search at https://www.google.com/advanced_search . These are the steps I do. I put rent in the top line and put the comped address in the this exact word or phrase section and change last update as the past year.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you