Votes
Thomas Lee Nuckles
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Need fast help with rental rate.

Thomas Lee Nuckles
  • Rental Property Investor
Posted Jul 15 2019, 08:21

I have found a duplex for 135k. Great location. Big. Back yard, and honestly just a great layout. A PM is telling me I will get somewhere between 800-850 a side. My realtor is saying 1k-1.2k a side. Rentometer is kinda useless do to there only being 2 houses for rent in the last 12 months in this area but that’s averaging around 870. The location of my duplex is way more convenient /safer/actually walking distance of downtown Lynchburg, Va. the only comparables I can find are single bed room lofts which go for 850. And two bed room lifts that go for 1100. They are in a great location to downtown but they are small and next to a busy rail road tract. The duplex is 1200sf a side plus an 800sf basement. Very spacious. And it has a backyard. It will have all new appliances also. My judgement is 1-1.2k a month a side but I’m weary of ignoring the pm. I don’t know too much about her besides that she does work near the part of town I’m buying the duplex. Should I listen to her? Or trust my judgement?

Loading replies...