• Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Votes |
Newburgh meetup comes to Brooklyn.

John Hickey
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Posted Jul 24 2019, 17:16

Was talking with a bunch of NYC investors not newburgh investors yet....and @sarah hoof...about how much had changed in Newburgh.

When I came up to newburgh after being a Brooklyn investor for 10 years I met a lot of resistance.  Not to me personally but juts in general.  Tough to get stuff done.  

So I banded together with the other Brooklyn investors...about 5 or six of us back then that stuck together.  And we created a referral system, passed on good and bad info and shared success and failure.  

Well we learned a lot...and made a lot too.  My house is sold in Brooklyn I could buy back today for about the same price.  But my houses in newburgh. Up a lot.  

But there’s a long way to go.  Still 100 or so vacants.  

So getting back to the NYC investors.  There’s a bunch of big ones coming into the market.  That’s good I guess.  

But I’d like to continue to help the folks that want one or two houses.  

So we’re bringing our meetup to Brooklyn.  Let us know if your interested and we will schedule it up.  No charge. Place to meet other newburgh investors, a contractor or two, architects, real estate agents, etc.  I’ve bought 4 family houses at the newburgh meetup for 15k a unit.  Let’s see what we can accomplish together.  

Also not a shameless plug but reality if your looking to buy in newburgh you might be lookin at one of my three properties for sale.  I’m not leaving.  I bought 2 last year sold two.  Probably buy more next year just taking some easy money of the table.  I plan to reinvest it into my biz.  

Loading replies...