Joint Venture opportunity, how do you know it’s a good idea?

1 Reply

Hey everyone,

Background: I have an opportunity to do a Joint Venture on a single family home. The business model is profitable and the cash flow looks good.

Problem: I was introduced through a mutual acquaintance. I do not know this individual from Adam and I am not to keen on working with people I do not know and trust well.

Question: Has anyone ever purchased property with a near stranger? If so what precautions did you take? What red flags did you look for? Any other practical advice?

It looks like a good opportunity, and a good opportunity to learn from someone that has been doing it for a while. But I’m not to keen on being hustled or taking unnecessary risk.

Thanks

@Ricky Jackson, Jr. If someone is suggesting a SFR in this market will cash flow well I would become suspicious! LOL

You might see if he shows up on social media, FB etc. You could suggest full disclosure through mutual background checks? If that queers the deal you might have found out that you were right to be worried. All the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you