General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Shannon
Votes |
county records research

Blaine Shannon
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:57

I subcribed to county records research. For those of you in cal. or nevada who are thinking of subscribing. Here is my experience. It is alot of money. For my county I paid 89 a month. The site isn't exactly user friendly. once you know what to do, it's no problem. The biggest downside, which they don't let you know upfront is, they only give you info for month you purchased in. So, I purchased the beg. of Feb. I can't see anything before that. Oh, I can, if I want to pay 89 dollars, for each month I want to go back, and I have to check every day to see if there are new listings. The only good thing about this service..is , it does let you know which loans are in default, and it lists all loans in order...which is very helpful, and save alot of time. I live in a small county, so for me this service is a waste of money. But I could see how it would work for someone in a large county like L.A.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Miller
  • Real Estate Lender
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender
Replied Feb 14 2007, 06:11

Where are you located?

The reason why I ask is that many states offer a free searchable registry of deeds online (but there are quite a few that charge a fee for access).

Regards,

Scott Miller

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 15 2007, 22:39
Originally posted by "mirasaza":
I subcribed to county records research. For those of you in cal. or nevada who are thinking of subscribing. Here is my experience. It is alot of money. For my county I paid 89 a month. The site isn't exactly user friendly. once you know what to do, it's no problem. The biggest downside, which they don't let you know upfront is, they only give you info for month you purchased in. So, I purchased the beg. of Feb. I can't see anything before that. Oh, I can, if I want to pay 89 dollars, for each month I want to go back, and I have to check every day to see if there are new listings. The only good thing about this service..is , it does let you know which loans are in default, and it lists all loans in order...which is very helpful, and save alot of time. I live in a small county, so for me this service is a waste of money. But I could see how it would work for someone in a large county like L.A.

you do know this information is free right?

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 16 2007, 02:43

I was just thinking the same thing as yunghova. If you don't have the time or desire to head down there yourself and get it, I guess I can understand paying for it.

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Shannon
Votes |
Replied Feb 17 2007, 03:40

Hi, I'm in Santa Barbara county. It is very difficult to get information here. The title companies are very loyal to real estate agents. And the only way to get info is to go to county hall of records...its doable but it is very tidious work. How it works where I live, you get a doc. number, you have no idea if it is a property you are even interested in, so you look it up, that's how you find the address. There has got to be a better way that is more efficient.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Miller
  • Real Estate Lender
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender
Replied Feb 17 2007, 04:05

CA is one of a handful of states that don't offer an electronic version of the registry of deeds; as you have mentioned, you have two choices....

Manual or fee based.

Regards,

Scott Miller

Originally posted by "mirasaza":
Hi, I'm in Santa Barbara county. It is very difficult to get information here. The title companies are very loyal to real estate agents. And the only way to get info is to go to county hall of records...its doable but it is very tidious work. How it works where I live, you get a doc. number, you have no idea if it is a property you are even interested in, so you look it up, that's how you find the address. There has got to be a better way that is more efficient.