Any veterans or active duty members out there?

3 Replies

What are your thoughts on using a VA loan for investment properties? of course, I know I'd have to live in the property for at least a year or two, but I am wondering if the VA fee is worth it, and if others have had luck making the numbers work using a VA loan. What are some benefits and things to look out for?

Thanks for your input in advance! 

@Millie Gargurevich the VA funding fee is extremely miniscule, and I would absolutely say the VA loan is worth utilizing! Where are you looking to purchase?

Check ou the two articles i wrote on BiggerPockets about the VA loan (just search "VA Loan" on the site, and they will both pop up)

Originally posted by @David Pere :

@Millie Gargurevich the VA funding fee is extremely miniscule, and I would absolutely say the VA loan is worth utilizing! Where are you looking to purchase?

Check ou the two articles i wrote on BiggerPockets about the VA loan (just search "VA Loan" on the site, and they will both pop up)

Hi there! you are probably right, David, the funding fee is pretty miniscule in the big picture. The VA loan helped me purchase my first two properties. I've used conventional loans since then. I am going to check out your articles on BP. Thanks for the reply!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you