New to real estate investment

5 Replies

I am new to real estate investments and I am yet to begin, I started a real estate investment class to get me grounded on the basics and I would like to start building my team. Any tips on how I can begin? (I'm from New Jersey)

Hello @Genevieve Ndegwa and welcome to BP!

For starters, I would decide on an investment strategy i.e. BRRRR, fix & flip, house-hack, Out-of-state rental property investing, etc.

If you are not purchasing using all-cash, speak with a lender to help you determine your price point and best investment strategy.

Once you've got a better idea as to what type of deal you'll be pursuing & how it will be financed, connect with a local investor-friendly Realtor who can help you navigate the market.

Best of luck to you moving forward!

Abel

You need to build up your knowledge base and experience before even considering building a team because if you try to attract agents, contractors, etc. before you know much, they won't want to work with you. What kind of course? Most of the information you need you can find at local meetups, online Zooms, and in these forums. We have NJ investors call every TUE at 8 pm, we get about 30 investors every week. Zen and the Art of Real Estate Investing in events, tagged for Montclair.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you